Cagayan Electric Power and Light Company, Inc. (CEPALCO) began its operations in 1952 with a modest power generating capacity of 5000 KW and a customer base of only 750.
CEPALCO nurtured the vision of becoming the best in the country’s electric distribution sector. As an initial step, the Company obtained in 1962 a legislative franchise to serve Cagayan de Oro City. Shortly thereafter, this franchise was expanded to cover the municipalities of Tagoloan and Villanueva, where the 3,000 hectare PHIVIDEC Industrial Estate sits, and Jasaan, all in the Province of Misamis Oriental.
CEPALCO is now the 3rd largest electric distribution company in the Philippines, outside of Meralco. The company’s growth in energy consumption has consistently been among the highest in the country.
Modern facilities and equipment and an efficient service network have made CEPALCO one of the most reliable electric service companies in the country. The company’s distribution network includes 138KV, 69KV, 34.5KV and 13.8KV systems.
CEPALCO’s facilities are complemented with quality customer service which the company provides round-the-clock to ensure that service requests are addressed within the day these are received.
CEPALCO envisions to be the leading provider of energy services that are responsive to the markets we serve.
CEPALCO’s Franchise Area covers 65 barangays of the City of Cagayan de Oro and the municipalities of Tagoloan, Villanueva and Jasaan, all in the Province of Misamis Oriental, including the 3,000-hectare PHIVIDEC Industrial Estate.
CEPALCO is committed to serve the community with its corporate social responsibility programs such as the Volunteer Fire Brigade, educational scholarships through the Company’s Scholarship Program as well as the Gonzalo and Carmen Abaya Memorial Foundation Inc. (GCAMFI). CEPALCO is also active in Red Cross’ Blood Donation Program and a various local civic organizations.