Cagayan Electric Power and Light Company, Inc. (CEPALCO) began its operations in 1952
with a modest power generating capacity of 5000 KW and a customer base of only 750.
CEPALCO nurtured the vision of becoming the best in the country's electric distribution sector. As
an initial step, the Company obtained in 1962 a legislative franchise to serve Cagayan de Oro City.
Shortly thereafter, this franchise was expanded to cover the municipalities of Tagoloan and Villanueva, where the 3,000 hectare PHIVIDEC Industrial Estate sits,
and Jasaan, all in the Province of Misamis Oriental.
To keep pace with the development of Northern Mindanao, CEPALCO took the task of a growth catalyst by embarking on
a long range plan to build the Company, its facilities, manpower and expertise.
Over 50 Years of Responsiveness
Modern facilities and equipment, and an efficient and reliable service network have transformed CEPALCO into
one of the most responsive and dependable electric service companies in the country, as well as in Asia. The
Company's distribution system network now includes 138KV, 69KV, 34.5KV and 13.8KV systems.
CEPALCO's facilities are complemented with quality customer service which the company provides round-the-clock
to ensure that service requests are addressed within the day these are received.